Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.
How do I find out about Emergency closings?
189 views | 0 0 | Last updated on Jun 19, 2018 Emergency Closings & Holidays
In the case of emergencies such as a school closing or crisis, Moraine Valley will notify students, faculty and staff by email, phone message, college website, and various news media outlets. Information about closings because of bad weather or other emergencies will be available via the outlets below.
- Radio: WGN (720 AM) and WBBM (780 AM); Zone (94.5 FM)
- Television: WBBM-Channel 2, WMAQ-Channel 5, WLS-Channel 7, WGN-Channel 9, WFLD-FOX 32, and Chicagoland Television CLTV News
- Online: Moraine Valley’s website and on http://www.emergencyclosings.com.
- Phone: Call the college’s main phone number (708) 974-4300 (TTY 711). Additionally, information is available by calling (847) 238-1234.
- Emergency Mobile Alerts: An alert system providing text messages regarding all emergency communications.
You also will receive an automated phone call to the home or cell number on record at the college to inform you of any closings or if classes will be delayed. It’s important the college has your current phone number on record.
You can opt out of receiving emergency messages by texting “STOP” to 67283. You will still receive emergency communication notices via your student email account.